Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A few photos and updates

Some might say a room void of furniture is a waste. But to others, it's an empty canvas awaiting an artist's (or child's) imaginative touch (and by that I mean a whole lot of train tracks or other toys!). Joshua got his first set of trains and tracks almost 3 years ago and he still loves to play with them. Abby helps to put together the tracks now as well and even Ellie joins in the fun...she loves to watch them whiz by her. Here's how we spend some mornings.

And did you know that if it is suddenly very quiet in our house, it usually means that ABBY is getting into something she shouldn't be? It's usually either my scrapbook stuff or my diaper bag. But sometimes it's lotions, makeup or even the dog food! (And the pantry...remember the marshmallow photo not too long ago??) Look who I caught under my craft desk with my lipstick case!
A few other updates:
~Joshua is halfway through preschool and is looking forward to going to kindergarten everyday. He is becoming a great reader and reads signs, emails (over my shoulder as I type them) and books to us and his sisters. He loves to learn and is so curious about everything.
~Abby wants to go to preschool already and misses Joshua terribly when he is gone. Sometimes she will bring her backpack and try to put it and her jacket into a cubby in his classroom when we drop him off. She loves cars, trains, Bakugans and anything else Joshua is into. But she also loves to play mommy to her dolls...so cute!
~Ellie has been a roller and a talker for a while now. She loves to stand (with our help of course), love to sit (with support...not by herself yet),watch the kids play and loves to watch the dog.
~Jeremy is working hard finishing up his master's degree. He is taking his last class and is about to begin his thesis. It's been a long road trying to get it completed between working and spending time with us but we are finally nearing the end. Hooray!! I am so proud of him for working so hard.
~As for me, I am just busy being a mom. :)
Happy Tuesday. I hope to have something scrappy to share soon!

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big the kids are getting!
    I have a photo of Kelsey very, very similar to that one of Abby. I know it is frustrating now, but you will laugh about these times soon enough. ;-)
    Congrats to Jer finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! Big accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH no look at her with the lip stick! Oh she is sweet. All three are so sweet.
    I miss train days - the boys used to have so much fun with their train set - now Xander only takes it out once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your children are just adorable. I cannot believe the baby, she has gotten so big already.

    Love the shot of the lipstick application - that is so cute. I'm sure you weren't thinking that at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute kids! Love the update and the fun photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute!! Love that pic of Abby with the lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kids are just beautiful! That on of Abby cracks me up. :-D And congrats to Jer for sticking to it, what a huge achievement! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my babies so much! Just wish I could see them more often! I might have to come make a special trip :) Miss you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete