Sunday, October 12, 2008

Vacation totes and goodies

We are going on our first ever family vacation next week and we'll be doing quite a bit of driving. I thought I'd make something fun to surprise the kids. I made them each a tote bag and put some new books, snacks and other fun stuff inside of them. I also altered an old tray for Joshua to use in the car. I added a padded bottom, a crayon on a ribbon attached with velcro and a roll of paper he can color on. I am hoping it'll stop so many things from falling and it'll give him a play area in the car.




I also made these fun little owl finger puppets for them.







I'm not really sure what else to add to Abby's bag. Any ideas for an almost 15 month old's travel bag?

4 comments:

  1. OMG... you are so cute and so thoughtful! I love your ideas and the stuff you made! I am more stressed about all the little things I need to pack! I should really make them little goodie bags though. What a GREAT idea!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea!! Travel safe and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I hope you have a wonderful trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um -- ideas? For you? Are you kidding me?? Alexa was lucky we remembered to pack her clothes for our vacation - hee hee.

    Really adorable!!! Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete