First off, I have to say that I have been awful about Suzanne's weekly blog challenges. Sorry!! Some of them have just required a lot of thought or writing and I just haven't had time. I will try to do better. :) Here's her current challenge-
Blog challenge # 6 from O' Scrappy Day by Suzanne
Share a recipe that you're "famous" for and a photo if you can. Write about how it became yours and any other story about the recipe that you'd like to share.
Ok, I don't think I have anything that I am famous for. But a few people really love my garlic butter (which I haven't made in ages since we have been eating healthier.) One of Jeremy's good friends, Jeff, claims he only comes out to visit for the garlic butter and went on and on about it to another friend on the way out here. Then "apparently" that was all they could talk about on the way home. LOL Who knows if that's true...but I thought it was funny. Oh, and he told me he tried to make it at home by just mixing up butter and garlic and he said it was disgusting (but he ate it anyway! LOL).
So the history is....
A few years ago(hmmm...at least five maybe more), we had some garlic butter spread at a seafood restaurant in California with my parents and my mom tried to recreate it. I loved her version and have been making my own version ever since. It is a little bit different every time I make it and it probably doesn't even resemble the original inspiration. I really don't have a recipe for it (neither does my mom...we totally wing it every time). The basics are butter (I use about a half container of Country Crock and whip it right in the tub), fresh garlic, a little mayo, a small splash italian dessing, some parmesan, a little parsely, a dash of paprika and whatever other seasonings sound/taste good at the time. I think I usually add some roasted garlic powder and some Old Taylor Street seasoning (from thespicehouse.com-they have the BEST spices). It always turns out great (except for the time I tried to make it with fat free I Can't Believe It's Not Butter....YUCK)and I think most people usually like it. Unless they are only being nice which is entirely possible. But we love it. :)
Ok Suzanne, that's all I could come up with for this. Sorry I have been a blog challenge slacker!! (See what time I had to post this to actually get it done?? LOL)
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yum- I think it sounds good!! I won't be trying it anytime soon since I am watching but maybe on our next special event. TFS!
ReplyDeleteYUM! We love garlic butter. Glen makes a version, but his has herbs in it? I dunno, NOT in my job description. LOL But you sound like Glen, no recipe, and nothing ever turns out the same twice. Drives.me.nuts!
ReplyDeleteI'm totally going to try this!!!
ReplyDelete